CQ Field Mining Services (CQFMS) is a major maintenance and construction contractor in Central Queensland, providing support to Australian and Pacific region mining and gas industries since its establishment in 2006.
Products and Services
As a result of our growth over the years, we developed separate divisions within the company to better service our clients and provide specialist maintenance solutions in all areas. These divisions are led by experienced managers with vast industry knowledge and as a result, CQFMS is able to plan and execute equipment/ machinery shutdowns and repairs onsite with greater efficiency and attention to detail.
Our specialist divisions:
• Field Maintenance
• Diesel Maintenance
Our Firm's approach
CQFMS's vision is to become a proven safe and responsive breakdown and shutdown maintenance provider to the Central Queensland industries.
|Jason Holt||Director, Operations Manager||S1, S2, S3, G2, Project Manager|
|Scott McDermott||Director, Manager – Business Development||S1, S2, S3,G2, WHS Cert IV|
|Jason Smith||Director, Manager – Finance||B.Business, CPA|
|Michael Nash||Manager- Support Services||S1, S2, S3, G2, Boom Welder Project Manager|
|Ryan Nutt||Manager- Field Division||S1, S2, S3, G2, Project Manager|
|Danny Chrzanowski||Manager – Diesel Division||S1, S2, S3, G2, OEM Trained Project Manager|
|Emily Wicks||Quality & Safety Coordinator||WHS Cert IV, Dip Quality Man. FLM Cert IV|
CQ Field Mining Services (CQFMS) specialises in providing skilled engineering trades labour, to assist clients with mechanical and structural work throughout Australia and overseas. Led by highly experienced maintenance managers from within the industry their knowledge and experience provides the leadership and management skills required to select and place the right person required to suit the specific requirements of the project and the client. The divisions boast both mechanical and structural supervision personnel, diesel technicians, boom welders, boilermakers, mechanical fitters, crane operators, trade assistants and riggers. Our supervision is regarded as the being amongst the best in the business, and we are often utilised by clients as consultants on their various projects to add enhanced value and efficiency. In addition to understanding each of our client’s individual needs, our division has a strong focus on quality and reliability. Our strong and ever growing workforce enables us to service our clients quickly and effectively, with a dedicated unit for short-notice breakdown repairs and assistance.
- • Provide labour for extra scope work on PM days
- • Provides a comprehensive breakdown/call out service
- • Mechanical/Structural repairs
- • Component change-outs
- • Machinery rebuilds & overhauls
- • Tray/Bucket repairs
Along with day to day maintenance requirements, CQFMS Field Maintenance also has the capability to provide complete shutdown and major break down services to our clients. As an additional, value-added service to clients, CQFMS offers an innovative maintenance solution in the form of fully equipped specialist structural tooling, mechanical tooling and fully stocked boilermaker/fabrication containers which can be transported and utilised on-site. This capability reduces maintenance down time and improves productivity and is extremely cost efficient. Each container is supported by an extensive range of tooling and consumables to keep projects running efficiently and smoothly.
Training and Skills
CQFMS personnel have extensive experience in logistics, document control, management plan development, development policies and procedures, work method statements, risk assessments, audits, and quality assurance relating commissioning of place. Projects are planned and managed on a project to project bases with their own individual requirements accompanied with quality assurance documents and closeout reports. Our commitment to quality control is absolute.
- Project managers
- Site safety representatives
- Diesel/hydraulic fitters
- Mechanical fitters
- Boom welders
- Auto electricians
- Trades assistants
CQFMS currently employ over 200 people and have compiled a large database of personnel that can be utilised if required for major outages, shutdown work and labour hire.
The trade qualified and skilled personnel we currently employ are:
- Mechanical Fitters
- Diesel Fitters
- Supervisors (included in trades above)
The majority of our workforce is employed locally due to the nature of our current work being short notice maintenance services, and also as our head office and transport services are located in Mackay. Where feasible, we try to employ from the areas of the work undertaken to minimise travel charges and support local communities.
Our success has been built on a reputation of providing professional, disciplined and dedicated tradespeople, who deliver safe and superior workmanship on maintenance projects.
Our team comes equipped with all necessary inductions and requirements for all the sites we service. Our Management and Supervisory team are also highly experienced and have a thorough understanding of the mining industry. This is essential for communication on all levels. We pride ourselves on an excellent safety background, and know that this is only achieved by setting and maintaining the highest standard of work, care and ethics.
Leading Projects Complete and Major Clients
CQFMS has successfully undertaken many similar tasks over the past 9 years. Some of these include:
- BMA Peak Downs: DRE10 Shutdown Dec11 - Swing, Drag & Hoist Box Rebuilds, Propel Rebuild, Crack Repairs
- BMA Goonyella Riverside & CQO: SHE31 Shutdown Oct14 - Track Frames, Crowd Boxes, Hoist Gearbox & Motors
- BMA Norwich Park: DRE21 Shutdown May11 - Centre Pin & Tub Plates.
- BMA Norwich Park: DRE21 Shutdown Aug11 - Structural Crack Repairs
- BMA Peak Downs: DRE18 Shutdown Aug14 - Tub/Rail Path
- BMA Goonyella/Riverside: DRE04 Shutdown Aug12 - Boom Repairs
- Monadelphous: DRE104 Shutdown Nov11 - Boom Repairs
- Bucyrus (CAT): DL105 Shutdown Sep10 - Fairlead Replacement, Structural Upgrades, Propel Repairs
- BMA Goonyella/Riverside: DRE29 Shutdown Aug13 - Replace Tub Plates
- BMA Goonyella/Riverside: DRE29 Shutdown Aug13 - Replace Tub Plates
- BMA Goonyella/Riverside: SHE28 Shutdown Apr12
- BMA Peak Downs: DRE17 Shutdown Sep13 - Drag Box Rebuild
- AAMC Lake Lindsay: HME & Field Maintenance contract
- AAMC Lake Lindsay: RH340 Boom & Stick refurbishments (2) Jun15 & Oct15
- BMA Saraji: SHD40 Major Shutdown Jul15
- BMA GYRS: SHE35 Major Shutdown works Sept15
Environment Management System
The CQFMS Environmental Management System is accredited to comply with ISO 14001:2004
CQFMS is environmentally responsible for all aspects of the operations carried out on site and in the workshop.
Continual improvement and striving for ZERO HARM are the principles to which CQFMS subscribes in order to achieve environmental excellence.
We achieve this through:
- Compliance with legislation, regulations, standards and codes
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance
- Ensuring that resources are available to achieve environmental objectives
- Management of waste streams using the hierarchy of waste management – reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Open communication with stakeholders and the community on environmentally relevant issues
- Providing environmental awareness training to all employees and contractors
- Review of the company’s performance in achieving the aims of this policy through environmental audits and reviews
- Utilising the risk processes to identify environment aspects and setting objectives and targets to manage these aspects
CQFMS have numerous clientelle within the Bowen Basin & broader commodity industries, and are always looking to expand capacity as required by the market, both domestic and internationally. PNGFMS is an affiliated company whom supply shutdown and maintenance services to PNG mining companies.
Current Bowen Basin Contracts include:
BMA GMA – General Maintenance Agreement; covers all BMA Bowen Basin Sites and Hay Point Coal Terminal.
Peabody Energy – Minor Services Agreement; covers Coppabella & Moorvale mine sites.
Glencore Newlands Mine – Labour support agreement for Open cut mining maintenance.
Other Ongoing Work
BMA – Mechanical Maintenance Services for Dragline and Shovel Shutdowns (2 year contract).