PO Box 5281 Mackay Mail Centre 4741
Heavy and Light Fabrication, Open cut and underground, OEM Equipment Repairs, Condition Monitoring and Plant and equipment hire.
Products and Services
Independent Mining Services offers a range of products and services such as:
- Metal Fabrication and repair services
- Mechanical Services
- Cleaning Services
- Boom Welder services
- Planners/Planning services
- Project Management Services
- 4100 Dipper Wear Components and Trip Sheaves
- All heavy and light fabrication works performed to AS/NZ 1554.1-.5 Standards
- Qualified welders to AS2980
- Accredited WTIA IWS personnel
- All rigging component re-builds
- Bucket Re- builds
Mine Compliant Plant and Equipment Hire (Wet/Dry Hire)
- Welding Trailers
- Tilt Tray Trucks
- Boilermaker Trucks
- Industrial Vacuum Units
- 4WD Trucks and Vehicles
Our Firm's approach
Independent Mining Services (QLD) Pty Ltd was established in 2008 and since then are continuing to increase the services they offer. This includes the services of Fabrication and Repair Workshop as well as product line for wear components etc. for Electric Face Shovels.
IMS prides itself on being at the forefront in Manufacturing, Labour Hire and Equipment Hire within Australia.
Gary Brown- Director
Pat Collins- Operations Manager
Les Brooks- Workshop Supervisor
Ryan McGovern- Business Development Manager
Shaun Saron- QA/ Welding Coordinator
Phil Ryan- Accounts Manager
Sarah Hewitt- Administration Officer
Independent Mining Service (QLD) Pty Ltd has over 100 years of knowledge with fabrication and the mining industry. Their experience is including but not limited to the fabrication of mild steel, quenched and tempered steel, stainless steel and chromium carbide plate, dragline bucket overhauls, digger bucket overhauls, dozer blade repairs and dragline rigging repairs.
Other capabilities includes stress relieving, Heavy and Light Fabrication, Open cut and underground, OEM Equipment Repairs, Condition Monitoring and Plant and equipment hire.
Training and Skills
- First aid/ Apply First Aid
- Work Safely at Heights
Surface Extraction Operations
- RIICOM301A Communicate Information
- RIIOHS301A Conduct Safety and Health Investigations
- RIIRIS301A Apply Risk Management Processes
- Operate a non-slewing mobile crane
- Perform Basic Rigging Operations
- Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate Level
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work
- BMA Induction
- BMA Blackwater Site Induction Course
- BMA Saraji Site Induction Course
- BMA Defensive Driving Program
- BMA Coal SOP QC-PST 290-00
-Enter Confined Space
- BMA Multi Lockout Isolation
- Operate Elevating Work Platform
- Operate a Forklift
- HLTCPR211A Perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- 2000sqm covered workshop
- 4200sqm external concrete
- 2900sqm hard stand
- 350sqm office space
- 80t overhead crane
- 40t overhead crane
Leading Projects Complete and Major Clients
Leading Projects and Major Clients for Independent Mining Services includes but are not limited to:
Bucket Repairs and Rebuilds, Dippers, Truck trays, Float Hitch, Fabricating Idler Frames, Hoist and Drag chains and spreader bars for BMA Saraji, Peak Downs, Hay Point and Goonyella Riverside.
Fabricating frames and trolleys, buffer shredder plates, roof assembly and fabrication of stainless pipe work for Anglo Coal (Capcoal Management).
Cradel Assembly, Repairs to PDS Pods, Refurbish of Ejector Buckets and Duck Bill Pod refurbishment for Carborough Downs Coal Management.
Bucket Repairs, Dump Block Assembly, Fabrication of hockey sticks and spreader bars for Ensham Resources Pty Ltd.
Workshop repairs to Cat tray and repairs to RD34 tray for Peabody Energy Australia PCI (C&M Management) Pty Ltd.
SIMCO Mining Products and Services Pty Ltd, Yarrabee Coal- Yan Coal, RIO Tinto Coal (Hail Creek Mine), ORIONSTONE Pty Ltd, BAE Engineering and Solar Pty Ltd, Ampcontrol QLD Pty Ltd and 2MT Mining Products Pty Ltd.
Environment Management System
Independent Mining Services (QLD) Pty Ltd is committed to having safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplaces and providing safe and environmentally responsible systems of work.
To meet our health, safety, environment and quality commitments, we will:
- Ensure safety is our first priority and prevent injury and ill health
- Provide the necessary information, instruction and training that enable all employees and stakeholder to understand their responsibilities for health, safety, environment and quality.
- Identify, assess and control safety and environmental risks and hazards by utilising appropriate risk management tools.
- Eliminate, mitigate or remediate the environmental impacts of our activities and prevent pollution
- Work with our clients to help them achieve their health, safety and environmental objectives and obligations.
- Comply with relevant legislation, standards, codes of practice and other requirements that relate to our activities.
- Set measurable objectives and target and regularly monitor and review our performance and implement changes that support continuous improvement.
- Maintain, monitor, review, audit and continually improve the management system.
- Comply with client requirements when performing work on their site.
Resource Industry Network